Monday 29 April 2013

Evaluation - Preperation - Questionnaires.

Questionnaires are a great way to profile my audience and understand who they are and what they want. Earlier in the year, I used questionnaires to get a sense of what my target audience wanted from my magazine and it was invaluable.

Questionnaires are easy to produce and its possible to distribute them in a high volume, since they're a list of questions on printed paper. They're cheap to do and I can tailor the questions to my needs, making sure I ask the questions I need to know the answer to.

Since the respondents are anonymous, apart from age and gender, I can expect to get real opinons from them, not influenced by having their name associate with their response. However, its not possible to tell that the audience is telling the truth and it's fairly easy to lose interest half way through a questionnaire.

As part of my evaluation, I plan to do two questionnaires. One closed and one open (much like I did for my research and planning) to get a rounded view of my audience's opinion.

Closed
The data from closed questionnaires are measurable. There are a set number of answers and i can calculate a percentage off of, which answer the responders pick. However, there is often little oppurtunity for the responders to expand upon their response.

Open
With an open questionnaire, I can get real and 'unengineered' responses. However, these responses are difficult to measure and its impossible tocreate meaningful table of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment