Monday 17 March 2014

Short Film Update

For about the past month I have been unable to edit my short film for various reasons, most of which are to do with the computers I have been working on. That means it still remains unfinished.

However, I have been able to get out and get the last shot I need, but again, I won't be able to know for sure until I can get it into Final Cut to see how it works.

I decided, after my research into the western genre and watching a video on the history of aspect ratio, to change the look of my film. My plan is to have the reality sequences in the original 16:9 aspect ratio, but change the fantasy western sequences so that they are presented in 2.35:1 aspect ratio, the same as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and most other scope feature films. This will emphasise the cinematic tone of the fight and create a clear distinction between real life and fantasy.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Using resources from the internet, I can apply these bars onto the whole duel, and alter the image accordingly. The last screenshot shows how I need to move down so the man in the background has more room above his head, since some of the image is covered by the black bar, I have some room to do so.
 
Hopefully I can get back to editing as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment